Sales Process: The Definitive Guide
There’s no question:
Having an effective sales process is the most important (and challenging) piece of the revenue-generating puzzle.
It’s the key to outperforming your competitors and significantly increasing your win rate. And yet a whopping 60% of B2B companies lack a well-defined sales process. That’s because creating an effective, profit-building sales process is a serious investment of time and resources.
That’s why we combed the internet for the absolute best resources on how to build the most effective, revenue-generating sales process possible and put them all together for you in one convenient guide.
The Ultimate List of the Web’s
Best Sales Process Resources
FROM UNDERSTANDING YOUR CLIENTS’ PAIN TO CREATING A DETAILED CLOSE PLAN,
THIS GUIDE HAS YOU COVERED
Sales Process Fundamentals
If you’re currently without a process, or are looking to brush up on your sales process basics – these resources will get you started on the right track. You’ll learn why businesses who implement a sales process generate more revenue, as well as the “unfair advantage” that a great sales process creates.
- Why You Need a Sales Process
- How Companies with a Formal Sales Process Generate More Revenue
- Five Conditions Your Sales Process Must Satisfy
- Do You Really Need a Sales Process?
- 7 Benefits of a Prescriptive Sales Process
- Defining the Sales Process
- 2 Attributes Every Effective Sales Process Needs
- You and Your Sales Process as an Unfair Advantage
- Why a Sales Methodology is Not Enough
How to Secure More Opportunities by Discovering Your Clients’ Pain
Understanding your client’s pain points is the crucial first step in any deal. And if you can solve your client’s pain in a way that has a clear, measurable impact on their business, then your deal is off to a solid start. Here are some great resources on how to discover the real pain and use it to grow your sales.
- How to Identify Client Pain Points
- Grow Sales Through Your Customer’s Pain
- The Weight of Pain
- Find Pain, Budget Will Follow
- Do You Know What Your Customer Really Needs?
- Get Your B2B Customers to Reveal Their Pain Points
- 23 Sales Questions To Quickly Identify Your Customer’s Core Needs
- The Most Important Question in Sales
Build Influence and Gain Access With a Champion In Your Account
A champion could very well be the most important person in your entire sales campaign. These are the guys (and gals) within your account with a personal interest in the success of your deal. They’re the ones selling on your behalf when you’re not around. If you want to predictably close more deals, developing and nurturing a champion should be on the top of your priority list. Here are some fantastic resources to help you do exactly that.
- How to Identify & Nurture a Champion
- 10 Ways Customer Champions Can Do Your Selling For You
- The One Key Person That Will Help You Improve Sales
- How To Gain A Sales Champion
- There Is No Power Sponsor. There Are Power Sponsors.
How to Avoid Slipped Deals By Reaching the Economic Buyer(s)
If you want to be dead certain that your deal is going to close, you absolutely, positively MUST hear from the Economic Buyer’s (AKA the Ultimate Decision Maker’s) own lips what HIS criteria for a successful implementation looks like. By making making a plan to reach the EB, find out their criteria and confirm that your solution is a fit, your deal’s chances of closing take a quantum leap forward. Here you’ll learn how to take your sales process to the next level by making sure you’re in touch with these key decision makers:
- The Death of the Economic Buyer
- Decision Makers Want To Deal With Decisive People
- Are You Dealing with the Decision Maker?
- How in the Hell Do I Find the Decision Maker?
- Getting Past Gatekeepers to Reach Decision-Makers
- 6 Ways to Reach Top Decision Makers
How a Compelling Event Can
Shorten Your Sales Cycle
Your biggest enemy isn’t one of your competitors. It’s the status quo. Why should the customer buy NOW? What would happen if he postpones his decision? Find out if there is a serious, quantifiable reason why your project should not be delayed another moment. If there isn’t, can you create one? Here are some great ways discover (or create) a valid, compelling event to help you build an solid case for change.
- A Compelling Event Is Fuel for Sellers
- Creating Compelling Events
- Don’t Waste Your Time on Deals That Have No Compelling Reason to Act
- The Real Reason You’re Not Closing
- Building Dissatisfaction and a Compelling Case for Change
- Will This Deal Ever Close? A Compelling Event
How Mapping Your Sales Process to Your Customer’s Buying Process
Can Double Your Win Rate
Making sure you align your sales process steps to your customer’s buying process is essential to ensure a successful deal. Confirming your client’s decision making process allows you to develop the tactics and objectives you need to consistently outperform your competitors. Here are the best resources available to help you create a customer-centric sales process.
- The Buying Experience: The Most Important Thing in Sales and Marketing
- How to Know When a Deal is Ready to Close
- The Real Truth About Sales Process
- How to Know When to Sell vs. When to Market to Customers
- Is your sales process repelling qualified leads? These do…
- 10 Reasons I Don’t Believe 57% Matters
- 4 Strategies to Make Decisions Easier for Your Prospects
- 3 Simple Questions That Will Increase Your Close Rate
- Use Buying Process Exit Criteria to Increase Your Sales Effectiveness
How to Reach Triple-Digit Growth
by Tracking the Right Metrics
If there’s one thing that separates a stellar sales team from a standard one, it’s this: Stellar sales teams always keep tight track of the right Key Performance Indicators and use them to hit and exceed their revenue goals – quarter after quarter. Here you’ll learn what the most important metrics to track are, and which ones to avoid like the plague.
- The Twelve Sales Metrics that Matter Most
- Sales Metrics I Bet You Don’t Measure That You Should
- Four Key Sales Pipeline Metrics to Track for Aggressive Growth
- Tracking These 6 Metrics Could Boost Your Sales
- The Sales Metrics You Should Be Focusing On
- 7 Key Performance Indicators That Every Sales Manager Should Use
- 10 Key Sales Metrics to Track
How a Detailed Close Plan Can
Make or Break Your Deal
According to sales process expert, Dave Stein, the value is in the planning, not the plan. Just by setting a target and coming up with a step-by-step plan to get there puts you miles ahead of your competition. Here you’ll learn the importance of starting with the end in mind and how to create a milestone-based timeline that lets you map the quickest route to closure.
- How to Hit a Record Close Rate – The Anatomy of a Perfect Deal
- Know Their Timeline for Making a Decision
- How to Better Close Complex Deals
- 30 Questions To Inform Your Sales Plan
- What Most Salespeople Do in the Demo That Loses the Deal
The Best Step-by-Step Resources For Building a Profit-Generating Sales Process
So now that you know everything there is to know about what makes a great sales process 😉 , here are some amazing resources that will help you build your own profit-driving sales process from the ground up, including a detailed sales process template and they key steps every sales process should have.
- 7 Best Practices for Sales Process Design
- Building the Machine
- How to Define Your Sales Process Stages
- Creating a Predictable Revenue Stream via an Optimized Sales Process
- The Elements of a Truly Consultative Sales Process
- The Opportunity Conversion Process
- How to Define a Sales Process for B2B Sales
- Sales Process Mapping: Best Practices for Sales Management
- Building a B2B Sales Process
- Defining the Sales Process
- How to Build a Sales Process For Your Team
More Proven Sales Process Management Resources
You could easily write an entire book about any one of the chapters so far. With so much amazing content out there, here are a few more incredible resources on how to execute your sales process like a pro.
- Is Your Sales Process Full of ^@#%!?
- The Bigger the Deal
- The Power Our Questions Offer Our Customers
- The 8 Best Sales Methodologies for Closing Complex Deals
- Why You Should Let the Buyer Design Your Sales Organization
- Provoking Questions vs. Discovery Questions
- The Data Behind What Makes an Effective Sales Process [Infographic]
- 10 Tactical Sales FAQs Answered by Lori Richardson
- Top 12 Questions to Ask Yourself About Sales Process